Kirwan has always been an international label. This castle owes its name to Mark Kirwan, emigrated Irishman, who acquired it in 1760. Since 1925, it is the Schÿler family who owns it. Settling in the region, Mark Kirwan – an Irishman from a family of merchants, became part of the estate’s history by marrying one of the daughters of Sir John Collingwood. In 1760 he inherited the estate, already renowned in Europe. Taking the reins, he united the “de Lasalle” and Ganet lands, building a one-storey Charterhouse and lending his name to the vineyard so that merchants would be better able to identify and market the wines. Today, Château Kirwan enjoys ideal visibility on the international market, and especially among new consumers, curious, demanding and open to the wide universe of wine. From the beginning, Kirwan has been perpetuating a tradition of conquering world markets. The estate also testifies to the loyalty of its owners, driven by vocation to transmit their passion. They all brought the estate into a new dimension, indispensable for heralding the purity of wines that unite traditional savoir-faire, an exceptional terroir and great stories in every bottle..